Monday, May 23, 2011

Wish you a very Happy brithday Bob dylan !

PLAYBOY: Lets turn the question around: Why have you stopped composing and singing 'protest' songs ?

DYLAN: I've stopped composing and singling anything that has either a reason to be written or a motive to be sung. Don't get me wrong, now. "Protest" is not my word. I've never thought of myself as such. The word "protest", I think was made up for people undergoing surgery. Its an amusement-park word. A normal person in his righteous mind would have to have the hiccups to pronounce it honestly. The word "message" strikes me as having hernia-like sound. It's just like the word "delicious" . Also the word "marvelous" . You know, the English can say "marvelous" pretty good. They can't say "raunchy" so good, though. Well, we each have our thing. Anyway, message songs, as everybody knows, are a drag. It's only college newspaper editor and single girls under 14 who could possibly have time for them.

- Dylan on Dylan Nat Hentoff, Playboy,March 1966.

3 comments:

SYED MUHAMMAD ALI said...

well said.........

boweiz said...

so nice,thank you for sharing,

Jim said...

With the passage of time, the Office 2007 applications are gradually integrated the Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 is considered a de facto standard development documentation