Thursday, March 07, 2013

a note


I found your face through a crowd of lies
I found your face beyond others’ eyes
I looked through the lines between my thoughts
and found the host celebrating.
Seeing you AS you are
Bare backed and naked
Youth screaming from under your aged face
Reveling in the sundry mistakes of everyday life
Snatching the horizon’s sun and bringing it to the table
Within a glass of cold sake,
I hesitated.
I know you and me are distinctly similar
Like a mirror
That proposes to seduce me with the dewy moment
And promises of dancing close to my bare chest
That you have always kept – I know.
I am with you in the night, all life
Waiting to embrace you.
I turn towards you my lover
With sake drenched lips
The beast of purpose and plan
spends himself to exhaustion meanwhile
because when I locked eyes with you through that crowd
the choice of turning back vanished with it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I fancy the humble readings of your poems, yet it needs a bit of contemplation. I am a fellow poet as well. http://anacquiredtasteofskull.blogspot.com/ this is my blog. Let me repay and enlighten you with my play, as what you did with I.

From a fellow poet